Monday, September 3, 2012

Yes, it has been over a year...

One day back in August of last year this blog just stopped...since then I have been asked by many people if I am still blogging.  I really enjoyed blogging but for some reason just discontinued.  The number of people I didn't know read they blog asking me about the blog inspired me to start back up.  So here goes..

So much has changed in my life in this past year.  For example I got engaged, got married and went on a dream honeymoon!!  


We have got a ton done on the house in the past year as well.  I was trying to look through the last few blogs and see where I left off.  It looks like we were working hard on the landscaping.  Lets see what I can dig up for some updates.


So we finally finished the landscaping out front.  We have even put a ton of plants in it and it looks great.  I would say the yard is good to go if it wasn't for the extreme heat....now all the grass that was trying to get established...died.  So now we will be working on that and then it will be great!  We also got the new fireplace installed complete with Steve, the deer head, above it.  This will not stay but for now I will humor \Matt since he thinks otherwise.  We also completed our hardwood floor!!  We had this floor for over a year and got it installed THE WEEK OF our wedding.  Like the finishing pieces were complete on Thursday the week of.  But regardless of when it was done, it IS done.  It looks wonderful!  As you can see from the pictures we also got the living room and dining room painted.  Now we are working on the trim.  We have it all stained and Matt is working on cleaning the garage up a bit so he can spray the varnish stuff on.  I can't wait to have the trim around the windows, doors and floors.  I really think it will make the whole space.  Then I am REALLY excited to get new furniture and start decorating.  I think at that point it will really feel like home!

Ok I think that is the updates for now....on to the reason of this blog FOOD!!  In my last couple posts I talked about my love with the blog skinnytaste.  This love is still going strong, in fact I have most of my family cooking from it as well.  This morning I checked out the website when I woke up crazy early for a good breakfast idea.  Unfortunately nothing caught my eye, so I went to my other go to, Alton Brown!  Alton's blueberry muffins were the winner today.


They were pretty tasty, although they did call for orange zest and I did not have any oranges.  So my next thought was lemon zest, which I didn't have either.  So I thought I would just add a dash of lemon juice, but I couldn't get the bottle open....so nothing went in for the orange zest.  Matt thought they could use more sugar, I thought they were great.  Not your typical overall sweet muffin, but good.  I will for sure eat the leftovers this week so that is always a good sign. 

That is probably enough for the "getting back into the swing of things" post.  I am planning a little DIY project today so stay tuned for that!!  I have all the supplies and am excited to show it off.  Thank pinterest!  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment