Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The odd couple

I told a few people about this recipe before I actually made it and I got some mixed reviews.  When I told my brother I was making cheesy zucchini enchiladas, he told me zucchini goes in pasta or bread, but not in enchiladas....boy was he wrong!  I'll have to admit, I was also slightly skeptical but when you have cheese and enchilada sauce can you really go wrong?   I tweaked the sauce just a little bit, it has chipotles in adobo sauce in it and I thought the smokey flavor was a bit too much.  I just upped the tomato sauce and broth and it was perfect.  The whole recipe was pretty simple and if I could have you try one recipe it would be this!  It had a great texture and taste.  Typically Matt isn't a "non-meat" dinner person, but tonight was quite the different story.  This will for sure be a make again dinner!
 I am still anxiously awaiting some red tomatoes from our front porch garden.  Everything is so big and has tons of flowers but barely any green maters.  Lots of blossoms on the eggplant and we have tons of peppers ready for harvesting.  I also have more basil than I would ever know what to do with, anyone have any suggestions??
 Matt is outside working tonight and might I say it is HUMID outside.  But he is doing some good work and there is some good progress happening.  The piles of wood and brick came out from under the porch....ridiculous.  I am thinking in the next couple of weeks we will be able to get some dirt and have this landscaping almost finished up!

No comments:

Post a Comment