Monday, August 8, 2011

So Much to Say!!

I have never had this much to blog about before.  I am going to have to break this up into multiple posts...this is crazy!!  I will try and stay on top of this from now on.  Alright, well Matt worked over the weekend, so he was off work on Thursday and Friday.  He had dinner planned both nights which was wonderful.  Soooo lets start with Thursday night, salmon burgers.  Yum, this was a great surprise.  They were simple to make and we had almost all of the ingredients on hand.  Since the salmon gets broken up, we just used frozen salmon, which saved us a bunch of money.  Topping for the burger was arugula and tartar sauce, we aren't the biggest fans of tartar sauce but it was delicious.  If you are sick of grilling the the normal hamburgers and brats, I highly recommend this.

On to dessert.  I am going to do a huge teaser here...I am going to tell you all about dessert and show you pictures and tell you how yummy they were, and then not give you a recipe.  Here is the back story of the dessert.  We love The Nadas, and pretty much any time they are around here, we are in attendance.  We have developed a little "Nadas Family" as we like to call it.  Well one of the members, Emma to be precise, has a birthday coming up....and she also LOVES Guinness beer.  Well as I was browsing other food blogs I came across a picture of Guinness brownies with irish cream frosting and I knew they must be made for her.  So that we did, and by we I mean Matt did on his day off.  We make a killer regular brownie, seriously make them, so Matt took that recipe and subtracted this and that and added a bottle of guinness.  The frosting was pretty easy a little butter, cream cheese, irish cream and some powdered sugar.  We just added things until it tasted good.  And I must say they tasted GOOD.  We brought them to the bar to surprise her and she loved them....even the waitress enjoyed them.  

And last but not least, I finally remembered to take pictures of the garden during or "weeding" day.  I am still anxiously awaiting the ripening of all the baby tomatoes.  I mean i literally can't wait.....man I love tomatoes.  So we have a ton of cucumbers and even tonight I made a new huge batch of cucumber salad.  I can't wait to start making some greek salad with my fresh maters!
 Look for more posts this week, I have plenty more yummy food to tell you about!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment