Monday, August 15, 2011

SUSHI!!

The best surprise EVER, coming home on a Friday night and to find out Matt had gone to the asain market and got a bunch of stuff for SUSHI!  I LOVE LOVE sushi so this was a perfect way to spend a Friday night.  I think I have tagged myself as a professional.  I must say it was a great "couples" activity.  It was just alot of fun.  We started off with making the sushi rice.  Not going to lie, waiting for it to cool was causing me a bit of anxiety because I just wanted to eat it.  Matt bought crab sticks, fresh salmon and tuna, we had avocado and cucumbers on hand so we had a good variety going.  The actual rolling of the sushi took a bit of practice but was fun.  I am not sure if I have said it yet or not...but we have a very small crowded kitchen....you will be able to tell from the pictures.
 We also made some sashami, but the rolls were my favorite.  I liked mixing and mashing the different ingredients.  Man sushi sounds good right now......
 We even had wasabi and the pickled ginger....measuring cups made great dippers for the soy sauce.  Hey when you don't have the space or the utensil, you gotta improvise!!  The best roll of the night was the "all in" roll.  I put every ingredient in it and I ate it all myself...Matt was full, whatever.  I am a bottomless pit for sushi!!

 Stay tuned for some killer recipes from my new food blog crush... www.skinnytaste.com
 

2 comments:

  1. Man you are awesome! I am so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks soooo good. Nice work outta the both of ya. I may try this myself.

    ReplyDelete