Tuesday, May 17, 2011

El Cheapo

Typically I feel like when you are trying to pinch pennies you end up with a mish mosh of ingredients to make up a so so dinner.  Tonight was a complete different story.  Matt loves to buy a large amount of meat when it is on a good sale and freeze it in the food saver bags, so we had some thawed out pork chops in the fridge.  He found a food network recipe for the pork chops and it seemed like we had all the ingredients....holy cow I am glad he found it.  I feel a bit like I am cheating on Alton because it was a Paula Deen recipe, but dang that woman can do a mean pork chop!  So this sounds weird and honestly a little nasty but the recipe is called Chocolate Spiced Pork Chops and I urge each and every one of you to try it out.  Basically it is just a bunch of spices, that you probably have in your spice cabinet, on a pork chop, but the combination of the sweet and savory is perfect!  We combined it with yet another baked potato.  So in all honesty, out of all the recipes on this blog, this is probably my favorite and the easiest.  Mix spices, rub on meat, sear on both sides and throw in oven....POOF, amazing meal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment