Sunday, May 15, 2011

Productivity!!

Ah how I love Sundays, especially productive Sundays!  Today meals were cooked and the house was worked on, overall super exciting for me.  After a breakfast of bacon and eggs we got to work.  Me on "housewife" duties and Matt on the chimney.  After some surveying from the roof, he realized that the current chimney was worthless so he knocked it down.  He will now be rebuilding a much more sturdy one, of course something else to add to the checklist.  At least when we are working on these project we do them right and not half assed.  I feel safe knowing that right now the opening in the roof where the former chimney resided, is now covered with a trash bag duct tape and staples....lets pray for no rain!!  I was standing where the fireplace will someday be looking up at Matt working....interesting shot I must say!
 The meal tonight, I must say, was pretty dang good and for sure a make again meal.  We have been addicted to making baked potatoes, of course using an Alton recipe.  Salty crispy skinned potatoe with some sour cream and cheese....I mean come on, you can't beat that.  The main dish of dinner tonight was chicken kiev.  In all honesty, I probably would have never heard of chicken kiev if it wasn't for my bff, she loves them.  They were a little time consuming to make, they have to sit in the fridge for two hours to overnight, so it is more of a weekend dinner.  But I really think the end result is worth it, delicious.  Basically it is pounded out chicken rolled around an herbed butter, then breaded and fried.  When you cut into it the buttery mixture just oozes out.  It is for sure a meal to try, something new and different that you have probably never had before.  I think I forgot to mention that the baked potatoes were MASSIVE tonight!!
Now for the garden update....WE HAVE SEEDLINGS!!!  I am so insanely excited about this.  Gardens and fresh veggies make me really excited.  We currently have radish and kohlrabi seedlings.  We weren't sure we were even going to get anything to grow since these seeds were from last year.  Pretty soon we are going to have plants ready to plant, and no where to put them.  We should probably get the actual garden ready at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment