Wednesday, May 18, 2011

An ode to fromage

Ohhhh cheese, how I love you.  Tonight we had Cheese Soup and it was soooo delicious.  So this recipe is a bit time consuming for a weeknight dinner, but it was worth it.  It is also a tad spendy, not the whole thing just the cheese.  It calls for Fontina cheese and believe me when I say it is worth it to be spendy on the cheese.  This isn't the first time we have made this recipe, but this was the first time we used Fontina.  Before when we made it we used something we probably had around the house or was on sale, I remember my teeth felt filmy when I was done and it left a layer on the spoon and bowl.  The Fontina makes it super creamy and non filmy.  It is pretty neat to see what this soup starts as...




Sometimes new recipes call for new hardware.  In this case we decided that an immersion blender was necessary, we tried pouring the soup into the blender once and it was tough and HOT.  So the immersion blender takes care of those problems.



And the then the soup turns into this...



I know it doesn't look like much, but you will have to trust me.  It is amazing!!

As far as the house project....Matt has been busy with non house things.  He has the next two days off, so I am hoping to see some major progress!!  I probably won't get my hopes too high....I tend to get let down...lets hope he doesn't read this :)

On another note, almost all of the little seedlings have sprouted.  That means we will probably need to get the actual garden started sometime soon!!  Can't wait to keep the updates coming!

1 comment:

  1. Had high hopes for the house, but my plans have changed to golf and drinking after reading this post :(

    ReplyDelete