Thursday, May 19, 2011

Unda da Sea

Man I love the movie, The Little Mermaid.  I mean really Flounder is pretty hilarious, and Sebastian....how can you not like that guy.  I also like to eat all of these guys.  Yeah I know it sounds vulgar, but I am sure you are all agreeing with me right now.  I can't actually recall any mussels as main character in the movie, or in the movie at all, but that is what we ate tonight. 

Matt got them fresh from Waterfront after work.  We have had them only once before about a year and a half ago, I believe it was a creamy pasta type meal.  I recall it was delicious.  Tonight it was definitely good, more of a shell broth type meal.  We pretty much just cracked open the shell and used it like a little spoon and slurped it down.  This may not be the meal for everyone, and i totally understand that.  But if it sounds like something that might interest you, try it out,  The recipe is called Mojo Moulies,  don't worry they are not super fishy tasting.  They also pair very well with a nice glass of white wine!




On another note, Matt worked his butt off today while I was at work and I am soooo grateful for it!  He finished framing out the chimney that he tore down a few days ago.  Literally when he was tearing it apart he found pieces that said "Warning Combustible"  This was INSIDE our chimney.  The people that lived here before were idiots.  The picture I can provide won't look that great to you, it is covered by a tarp since it is supposed to rain and there is just a giant hole in the roof, but to me it is beautiful!!



And my last update of the night is the garden.



It is beautiful isn't it!!  This weekend we will try to start working on where the actual garden will be located.  It will be alot of work, but I believe all the soon to be veggies are worth it!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment