Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gettin Down and Dirty

After a weekend away and a Monday night meal at Legends, we are back in business.  I would say that overall, tonight was spent overachieving at life!  Most of it can be contributed to a boyfriend who was home sick today and got a TON accomplished.  When I got home tonight Matt already had a pineapple upside down cake in the oven and dinner was about half done.  Dinner first started off with our Gooners as appetizers.  If you haven't been to the downtown farmers market and at Gooners....well you are missing out.  My coworker makes them and they are AMAZING.  Tonight we had some of his leftover sausage Gooners.  I must take credit for this recipe because I gave it to him!  Basically you have sausage, cream cheese and rotel in a wonton wrapper...makes my mouth water.  This is just one of many flavors....seriously try them!!
 Next course was finally an Alton recipe as promised.  We had turkey piccata and it was deliciousI am a big fan of turkey, white wine and lemon juice so there isn't much make me dislike this recipe.  The only thing I added to my dish was capers....but honestly I could eat them with anything.  I just thought it would give it an added flavor, I was right!
For dessert we tried the pineapple upside down cake.  I was pretty pumped to dive into this treat, but wasn't so stoked about it after the first bite.  Not going to lie, it wasn't really what I expected.  It was more like pineapple cornbread.  I am sure we will tough through and eat most of it....but totally not something we will be making again.

We even sorta kinda accomplished a house project.  We both have always talked about wanting to have a big garden but we don't have the yard to have one.  Last year we attempted to plant a ton of seeds and they ended up dying after a major family issue....so this year we are trying again.  This garden has 300 seeds planted as of tonight.  If we can keep them alive this year we will save some major dollars!!  Here is our beginning stages!!
I will for sure be keeping updates on the garden, it makes me super excited!!


No comments:

Post a Comment